So I recently got a small purse (the same one shown) and I realized that I would have to stop carrying around all of the junk loaded into my huge shoulder bag. So I had to narrow things down to what I absolutely needed on a regular basis.
- My phone- rather obvious, but of course I still need to bring my phone in my purse. Unfortunately I will probably have to until they start making women’s pants have usefully sized pockets
- Little notebook and Pen- My huge planner had to make the move into my bookbag because I can’t spare the space. The little blank pages come in useful for remembering dates and notes and giving out phone numbers (wink wink). Plus it’s terribly cute. I have a similar one in purple.
- Coin Purse- Its small, cute and doubles as a wallet. There’s easy access to my ID, and I get to feel like a girl in my grandma’s pearls with the cute pattern and style.
- Nivea- You wouldn’t believe how useful this comes in; dry skin, smudged eyeliner, cuticle issues, it handles that and more! Plus the small compact size means I don’t have to squeeze in a large lotion or hand cream.
- Lip stain- I honestly can’t go anywhere without lipcolor, so this stain is perfect! It’s small and slim so I can carry a few without everything getting clunky. If you are a lipstick junkie and not fond of stains, then bring just your lipstick of the day and put it in a nice little lipstick case with a mirror. I’d suggest this one from Leatherology! Its cute and simple.
- Lip Balm- As I said, I just can’t go anywhere without lip color! This balm from Burt’s Bees has just enough tint to make my very un-pigmented lips look alive. At the same time it’s a rather natural color.
- Travel Sized Perfume- I’m not one of those girls who drags around a big purse of bath and body works. I’ve always stuck to the small sized ones and its especially useful with tiny purses! This one by Katy Perry is my current carry on scent. I also like this roll on one by charming charlie!
So that’s it for my small purse essentials! Hopefully it gave you some ideas! What do you like to keep on hand?
Happy holidays to all my followers! I wish you guys the best today and for the new year! How did you guy’s spend the holidays? I’m spending this Christmas with my brother, sisters, nieces, and parents if any of you were wondering.
So Christmas is just around the corner, less than a week away! However, some people are still lacking in the gift department! If you’re needing a last minute fix, or just a few add on’s for your special lady, then here’s the list for you!
These are the go to kind of items for me! My mom’s birthday is right around Christmas, so I have to give gifts twice within about a weeks time. My sister J and I almost always get her the bath and body works sets. Regardless of the opinions of perfume aficionados, they’re of pretty nice quality. And you can’t beat the variety in that one store!
As for the chocolates, I get my mom candy quite a bit. It doesn’t initially seem like the most awesome gift, but when you get their favorite candy in addition to something else, it seems to double the awesomeness of the gift experience! And it shows a bit of thought.
Jewelry, Purses, Pajamas
These are gifts you really cant go wrong on. Pajamas are nice. Even nicer when they look ridiculous. With jewelry, you might not think it’s a good idea for people who don’t wear it a lot. On the other hand, no one ever regrets getting something nice and shiny under the Christmas tree! Not everyone carries a purse, true, but it’s always nice to have something pretty to carry all those candy canes and lumps of coal in.
One could look at the new feeling in the air – the fresh warm colors of the leaves bunching up under our feet, or the chill of the things going bump in the cool nights – and come up with only one conclusion: It must be getting close to Halloween!
This, in my opinion, is the best holiday. When else do we get the opportunity to dress up, be anyone we want, and not get strange looks if our hair is a little more green than usual? Since it’s the best holiday, we have to do it in the best way, and that means celebrating! So here’s my tips on how to get the best out of your All Hallows Eve!
- Dress Up Eventually at some point, most people feel like they’re too old to dress up. Not on Halloween! Some of the best and most original costumes I’ve seen have come from older people. And a major bonus is that age allows for a more detailed costume since your making/buying it yourself. Even if you’re just wearing it to greet the kids at the door, dressing up is what makes Halloween Halloween.
- Eat Candy Since the holiday seems to revolve around sugary stuff, why not indulge a bit? Me personally, I’m always trying to diet and exercise. But on Halloween I like to let it slip a bit. After all, what’s a good time without pumpkin shaped marshmallows? Plus, a lot of candy available on Halloween isn’t available any other time of year.
- Get your Ghouls together There’s nothing better to do on Halloween than a scary girls night out. Wear your costumes, hit a party, or maybe see a haunted house. The best Halloween adventures start with a few friends on board for the thrill.
- Decorate Nothing gets me in the Halloween spirit more than a few fake cobwebs hanging around and a glowing head here or there. You may not be the kind for decoration, but it’s worth the effort to see others gawk at your creepy crawly casa.
- Foody Food Food. Unlike some other holidays, Halloween isn’t all about the grub. On the other hand, some of the best foods are found around Halloween. Spider cookies, candied apples, cider, and skull cupcakes! All of it’s delicious and most of its easy to make yourself too!
- Enjoy the mood This one’s self explanatory. Don’t be the Scrooge of Halloween! Its one of the most fun holiday’s around so have fun with it!
So that’s my tips on having fun this Halloween! What do you guys like to do to make sure the Halloween season is spectacular? I’d love to hear it!
Whoo! Its been a long month. More than a few exams and more than a few tears. It’s honestly been interesting. I think that this month started out on a high, but its ending up a lot better than expected. How’s your October been?
Anywhoo, I’ve had the burning desire (sorry, that song’s been stuck in my head a while…) for a few things this month. Generally it’s very fall like things I’m yearning for. I haven’t had a lot of beauty related wants, but that’s because the cooler weather has been good on my skin, so nothing much has changed.
- The one thing I’ve really been wanting this month are Sweaters! The chill is just starting to set in on my usually mild climate and I’ve definitely been needing them. It’s a bit hard for me to transition my summer to fall/winter wardrobe but every year, it’s the sweaters that do the trick. My personal belief is to get a bunch of the neutral basic colors – black, brown, and cream – and then mix and match and accessorize from there.
- My next want is Peeps! I love these candies!!! I know they must be terrible, sugar covered sugary marshmallows, but they’re absolutely amazing. Recently, they’ve started making them for most of the major holidays instead of just Easter, so I’ll be looking out to get some this month especially!
- Who doesn’t love the rich spicy smell of pumpkins and cinnamon? Most people turn to Yankee candles or other brands of delicious candles for this kind of warmth in their rooms. Unfortunately, my mom doesn’t think candles are safe, so I cant enjoy them. I felt like I was missing out until I found out about wax warmers. They’re all the smell without the whole “Oh no did I just burn the house down again? golly gee…” Hopefully I’ll acquire one this month.
- Next is stockings (or pantyhose if you prefer). You might be asking why in the world I’d want them this time of year. I just love them in fall for wearing under sweater dresses with boots. It looks a lot nicer than leggings, but you just have to remember to bring a jacket!
- Last but not least is… (drum roll please) Pumpkin Spice Lattes! It just isn’t October without them, and yet I haven’t had a single one yet!
Well, that’s about it for my October wishlist. Its rather short this month since I’m not sure about my weather yet. What have you been wanting this month?